Do You Know What ASX File Format is?
ASX file extension is a short form of Advanced Stream Redirector. ASX is a type of XML and is designed to define playlists to provide Windows Media Player with information about how to present particular media items of the playlist. In addition, ASX file extension is used to point at an ASF formatted file type.
But we may meet trouble when handling with ASX files. We may find it is hard find the real ASX files. We can also find it is impossible to play ASX files on Windows and Mac, iOS like iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes, players like Windows Media Player, VLC, QuickTime, Android like Samsung, Blackberry etc. or edit ASX in iMovie, Windows Movie Maker or upload ASX to YouTube, Facebook and more sharing sites or burn ASX files into DVD .
How can we successfully play ASX files? This article will provide an easy and helpful way on how to convert ASX to MP4, MP3, AVI, WMV, FLV, WAV, WMA etc. with a wonderful ASX Converter and ASX Player to easily convert ASX files on Windows and Mac to play ASX files freely.
Are Your ASX Files Correct and Proper?
Before converting ASX files for free playing, we need to find the right ASX files. There are different cases of ASX files. You need to use varied ways to deal with diverse ASX files.
Some ASX files are just a different from of .wmv or .asf files with missed name. Normally, this kind of ASX files, you just need to rename .asx name extension to .wmv or .asf, and then the renamed file is just the ASX video file.
There are other ASX files with XML text file. In this case, you had better open the .asx file with notepad and find the <REF HREF=…..> to get the path to access the ASX media file directly. If it starts with http, you can download it and get the ASX files. Just copy that complete file path into your browser address bar. If it is a proper media file, it will start playing in Windows Media Player. Use File -> Save Media As and save your file to your computer, then the saved media file is just the ASX video file.
You can easily manage ASX files now when you find the proper files.
Play ASX Files with the Powerful ASX Player
To play ASX videos with ASX Player, you just need to load ASX files to it and click Play button there. You can easily play ASX files on PC and Mac. In addition, you can also see the audio channel/bitrate/codec and take snapshot of the ASX files.
Convert ASX to MP3, MP4, FLV, WMV, AVI, WAV, WMA etc. with ASX Converter
- ASX iPhone/iPod/iPad/Android/Samsung: ASX Converter can convert ASX to MP4, convert ASX to MP3, convert ASX to WMV, convert ASX to AIFF, ALAC and more to play ASX files on portable devices like iPad, iPhone, iPod, BlackBerry, Samsung, PSP, PS4, Zune and more.
- ASX Windows Media Player/VLC/iTunes: It enables to convert ASX to MP4, WMV to play ASX files on Windows Media Player, play ASX in VLC, and play ASX in iTunes, QuickTime and more.
- ASX iMovie: This software is able to convert ASX to MOV, MP4 or MP3 to edit ASX files in iMovie, Windows Movie Maker, Final Cut and more.
- ASX DVD: This tool features to convert ASX to DivX or VOB or MP3 to burn ASX into DVD for enjoying.
- ASX YouTube: ASX Converter intends to convert ASX to FLV, MP4, or AVI to upload ASX files to YouTube, Facebook, Yahoo and more.
- ASX Converter for Mac and PC: It is compatible with both Windows version and Mac version.
Edit ASX Files with ASX Converter
ASX Converter has the file editing features:
- In “Trim” tab, you can trim or cut ASX files as you like.
- In “Edit” tab, you can crop videos, remove black bars, adjust image brightness, contrast, add or remove watermark and more.
- In “Rotate” tab under “Edit” button, you can rotate ASX videos 90/180/270 degrees.
- In “3D” tab, you can convert videos to 3D videos with high quality.
- In “Enhance” tab, you can upscale resolution, optimize brightness and contrast, remove video noise and more.
- In “Setting…” tab, you can change the audio channels, sample rate, audio bitrate, compress videos or audios and more.
- In the “Destination” tab, you can change the path of the converted files easily.
Free Download the Professional ASX Converter
How to Convert ASX to MP4, MP3, FLV, AVI, WMV, WMA, and WAV etc.?
Step 1 Import ASX Files
Click “Add File” to load ASX files to the software. It is also ok to drag and drop the files to the interface of it.
Step 2 Set the Output File Format as MP4, MP3, WMA, WMV, FLV etc.
Click “Profile” drop-down button and choose the output format as MP3, WMV, MP4, FLV, WAV, WMA or any other formats you prefer.
Step 3 Convert ASX Files
Click “Convert” button to convert ASX files.
More Advanced Functions of ASX Converter
Besides ASX file converting and playing, there are many more powerful functions.
- 4K Video Player and Converter: ASX Converter is the best choice to play 4K videos or convert 4K to 1080p, convert HD to HD or just convert 4K formats. With the latest converting tool, you can enjoy the fastest converting speed yet still maintaining the perfect image and sound quality.
- Convert Videos to 3D Video Files: It can convert your 2D videos to 3D video files with five modes including Anaglyph (Red/cyan), Side By Side (Full), Side by Side (Half-Width), Top and Bottom (Full), Top and Bottom (Half-Height).
- Enhance Videos for You: This tool has video enhancing function which can enhance the video quality and add more effects to your video. In the new video enhancer window, you can enhance the video quality from SD to HD, enhance the brightness and contrast.
- Remove Video Noise: If you are troubled by video or audio annoying noise, it is definitely the right tool for you. With it, you will never be troubled by sound noise.
how to play arf files in windows, convert xvid to mp4 mac, converter dat to mp4, convert bdmv to mp4, fraps for youtube, m4a to m4r converter free, how to play mkv files on ps4, play avi on wii, youtube to dpg