iMovie offers wonderful editing features and effects for Mac users. When you try to edit MOV files to iMovie, you may find iMovie cannot import some MOV files sometimes while other MOV files can be opened in iMovie without any question. Why? How to import MOV files into iMovie without any trouble?
This article will show you a clean explanation about why you cannot load some MOV files to iMovie and how to import any MOV file into iMovie freely?
Why Can’t Import Some MOV to iMovie?
Apple official site claims that iMovie can edit MOV files but with certain codec. If your MOV files contain codec that cannot be supported by MOV, iMovie will refuse to load them.
In a word, in order to load MOV files to iMovie without any limitation, the best choice is to convert iMovie unknown MOV files to its supported files with a professional MOV to iMovie Converter.
This article will offer a wonderful MOV to iMovie Converter for you. Not just that, there is also a full guide on how to use it to convert MOV to iMovie. With the help of it, it is very simple to import or edit MOV in iMovie.
Powerful MOV to iMovie Converter
- Convert iMovie unsupported MOV files to iMovie known MOV format easily.
- Convert iMovie unsupported other video formats like AVI, FLV, WMV, MKV, VOB, WebM etc. to iMovie known MP4, M4V, DV, AVCHD etc. for freely editing.
- Convert iMovie unknown audio formats like FLAC, DTS, OGG, WMA, AU etc. to iMovie known MP3, AAC, WAV, M4A, AIFF etc. for enjoying.
- Support converting MOV to other popular video audio formats to play or edit MOV files freely.
- Enable to convert any format to MOV for playback on MOV supported devices or players.
- Convert among multiple video audio formats like ASF, DivX, MOV, AVCHD, MKV, AVI, WTV, OGV, 3GP, MPG, H.264, RMVB, Xvid, F4V, SWF, VP9, MXF, WebM, R3D, M4A, APE, AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, AIFF, OGG, MP3, WAV, WMA, XWM etc.
- Make some file editing easily: merge files into one, split by chapter, cut videos, trim files, crop files, rotate files, add or remove subtitles, add watermark to videos, adjust sound volume, change audio channels, compress files etc.
Steps on How to Convert MOV to iMovie to Import MOV to iMovie
Free download MOV to iMovie Converter. Open it when you are ready.
Step 1 Import MOV Files to iMovie
Click “Add File” button to add files. Or simply drag and drop audio file to the main interface of the software.
Step 2 Set the Output Format as MOV
Click “Profile” drop-down button and set the format as MOV.
Step 3 Edit Files (Optional)
- Click “Merge” button to join them together.
- Choose “Split by Chapter” on the interface of MOV to iMovie converter by right click after loading your files there.
- Click “Trim” button to cut videos.
- Click “Crop” to adjust screen.
- Click “Effect” -> “Watermark” “Subtitle” to add or remove them.
- Click “Setting…” -> “Advanced” to adjust sample rate or bitrate.
- Click “Setting…” -> “Advanced” -> “Volume” to adjust volume.
- Click “Setting…” -> “Advanced” -> “Channels” to adjust them.
Step 4 Convert MOV to iMovie
Click “Convert” button to convert MOV files to iMovie.
When the conversion is finished, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files to load them to iMovie.
The recommended MOV to iMovie converter here can convert MOV to iMovie with the easiest steps. It is a great helper to import MOV files to iMovie. What are you waiting for? Free download it here to edit MOV files in iMovie freely immediately.