Why PowerPoint Can’t Import Some MOV Files?
PowerPoint is an awesome tool to make presentation. It can hadle lots of video audio files without any problem. When people try to add MOV files to PowerPoint, they may meet the issue like some MOV files can be played in PowerPoint freely but some cannot. In additon, there are other questions occur. Here are some example for your reference.
- I am planning to add some MOV files to PowerPoint, but it fails every time. I think it is becase PowerPoint does not support MOV format. But when I import a MOV file to it, the MOV file is listed as one of the supported formats. I have no idea what is going on here.
- I tried to play MOV files in PowerPoint, but it keeps coming up with an codec error like “codec does not support”. I am crazy about it and need a solution about the codec issue.
- I add some MOV files to PowerPoint. However, the files only has audio without video. Why? I used to import MOV to PowerPoint successfully.
- I have lots of MOV files and need to play them in PowerPoint. Some of them can be added and played with no question while others cannot. I do not know how to deal with it.
It is clearly known that MOV is supported by PowerPoint from Micrsoft official. Why some MOV files still cannot be added to PowerPoint? It is becase MOV is a multimedia container format with variety of video codecs and audio codecs. When MOV files contain video or audio codec that cannot be recognized by PowerPoint, all kinds of questions will arise.
How to Play any MOV Files in PowerPoint?
To add any MOV video to PowerPoint for playback successfully, the ideal choice is to convert the unspported MOV files to PowerPoint suported formats with a wonderful MOV to PowerPoint Converter. This article will recommend you a professiona one. More than that, a step by step guide on how to use is also availabe to you for your convenience.
Convert MOV to PowerPoint with MOV to PowerPoint Converter
- Convert PowerPoint unsupported MOV files to PowerPoint supported MOV and other supported formats like MPG, MPEG, SWF, WMV, MP4, M4V, ASF, AIFF, MP3, WMA, WAV, AU simply.
- Convert any MOV files to play MOV on any PowerPoint just like a piece of cake.
- Convert other PowerPoint unknown formats like WTV, ASX, HDV, MKV, FLV, SWF, MXF, VP9, RM, RMVB, MTS, TS, OGA, OGG, CAF, DST etc. to PowerPoint freely.
- Convert between any two formats in batch with fast speed and high quality.
- Do some video editng with no question like trim, crop, rotate, compress, merge, boost sound volume, add subtitle or watermark and so on.
Step by Step Guide to Convert MOV to PowerPoint
Free download MOV to PowerPoint Converter to your computer. Start it.
Step 1 Add MOV Files
Click “Add File” to import MOV videos to the software.
Step 2 Set the Output Format
Click “Profile” drop-down button and choose the formats as PowerPoint supported including MPG, MPEG, SWF, WMV, MOV, MP4, M4V, AIFF, MP3, WMA, WAV, AU.
To edit files, go to “Trim” “Crop” “Merge” “Effect” to do it according to your demands.
Step 3 Convert MOV to PowerPoint with MOV to PowerPoint Converter
Click “Convert” button to convert MOV to PowerPoint.
When the conversion is finished, click “Open Folder” button to target the converted files.
Lists of PowerPoint Supported Formats
- Video formats for 2016 or 2013: MPG, MPEG, SWF, WMV, AVI, MP4, M4V, MOV
- Video formats for 2010: MPG, MPEG, SWF, AVI, M4V, WMV, MP4 (QuickTime Player needed), MOV (QuickTime Player needed)
- Video formats for 2007: ASF, AVI, MPG, MPEG, WMV
- Audio formats: AIFF, MP3, WMA, WAV, AU, etc.