Why Kodi cannot Play Some MKV Files Sometimes?
Kodi is a wonderful player that can show bravo effects on big screen TV. It can provide perfect watching experience for music, movies, TV shows, pictures, etc. It is an excellent choice to play files on Kodi. However, when you load MKV files to Kodi, you may find that some MKV files cannot be played on Kodi while some others can. Kodi claims that it can support MKV files. Why it that? How to play any MKV on Kodi successfully?
In fact, Kodi does support MKV files. However, MKV is a contain format with lots of complex video codec, audio codec, parameters, data etc. If your MKV files includes video codec, audio codec, parameters, data etc. that cannot be know by Kodi, it is impossible to play MKV files on Kodi.
Convert MKV to Kodi to Play MKV on Kodi without Trouble
In order to play MKV videos in Kodi freely, the ideal way is to convert MKV files to Kodi supported MKV file container with a professional MKV to Kodi converter.
This article will show an awesome MKV to Kodi Converter for Windows and Mac users. In addition, there is also a step by step guide on how to convert MKV to any Kodi to play any MKV on Kodi freely.
MKV to Kodi Converter for Windows and Mac
- Convert Kodi unknown MKV to Kodi supported MKV for playing.
- Convert any MKV (720P, 1080P, 4K, 3D) to Kodi known MKV easily.
- Convert Kodi unsupported other formats to Kodi like MOV, FLV, WMV, AVI, MP4, WTV, MTS, MXF, OGV, 3GP, VOB, AC3, etc.
- Convert MKV to any video audio formats for playing MKV freely on any devices or players.
- Convert any formats to MKV for playback on MKV supported apps or software.
- Convert among almost all kinds of video files like MP4, AVI,WMV, MOV, FLV, VP9, AVCHD, WebM, MP3, FLAC, WAV, WMA, AIFF, AILAC etc. with HD, 4K, 3D effects.
- Edit MKV freely: cut files, crop files, remove black bars, merge files, split files, rotate files, add effect/subtitle/watermark, boost sound volume, change audio channel, adjust volume/bitrate, add 3D effects, enhance videos, remove noise and more.
Steps on how to Convert MKV to Kodi for Playback
Free download MKV to Kodi Converter. Install it on your computer.
Step 1 Add MKV Files
Click “Add File” to import files to the software.
Step 2 Choose the Output Format
- To convert MKV to Kodi, click “Profile” drop-down button and choose the output format as “H.265/HEVC MKV video format (*.mkv)”.
- To convert MKV to HD format for Kodi, choose the format from “HD Video” category.
- To convert MKV to 4K format for Kodi, choose the format from “4K Video” category.
- To convert MKV to 3D format for Kodi, choose the format from “3D Video” category.
Step 3 Edit Files (Optional)
- Click “Trim” button to cut videos.
- Click “Rotate” button to rotate files 90/180/270/360 degrees.
- Click “Crop” button to crop files.
- Click “Watermark” button to add watermarks.
- Click “3D” button to do 3D effects for your files.
- Go to “Enhance” button to upscale resolution, remove file noise, or optimize file brightness and contrast.
- Go to “Effect” button to adjust sound volume, image brightness, contrast etc.
- Press “Setting…” to adjust audio channel/bitrate/resolution/aspect ratio/frame rate/sample rate and more.
Step 4 Convert MKV to Kodi Format with MKV to Kodi Converter
Click “Convert” button to convert MKV to Kodi.
When the conversion is finished, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files.
Video Audio Formats Supported by Kodi
- Video formats: AVI, MPEG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MJPEG, RMVB, WMV, H.263, ASF, FLV, MKV/MKA (Matroska), QuickTime, MP4, M4A, AAC, OGG, OGM, RealMedia RAM/RM/RV/RA/RMVB, 3GP, VIVO, NSV, NSA, FLI, FLC, WTV, TRP, F4V etc.
- Audio formats: MIDI, AIFF, WAV/WAVE, AIFF, MP2, MP3, AAC, Vorbis, AC3, DTS, ALAC, AMR, FLAC, Monkey’s Audio (APE), Real Audio, SHN, WavPack, MPC, Shorten, Speex, WMA, MOD (Amiga Module), XM etc.
Convert MKV to TV for Playback
FLAC to Android Converter for Windows and Mac
How to Convert MKV to VCD with MKV to VCD Converter?
Convert MKV to Android with MKV to Android Converter