Can iMovie Import MKV Files?
If you are a Mac user, iMovie is one of the most common editing software. It features powerful video editing functions and can help do better work. However, iMovie can support only few formats including DV, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MOV and M4V. As for other formats, iMovie does not know them at all. MKV is one of these known formats.
What can we do in order to load MKV to iMovie for editing? A wonderful choice is to convert MKV to iMovie supported MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MOV, DV or M4V and then import the converted files for editing. However, here comes the question. Which software is the best MKV to iMovie Converter? How to use it to import MKV to iMovie?
Do not worry. The following article will introduce a professional MKV to iMovie Converter and a detailed guide on how to convert MKV to iMovie to import MKV to iMovie for editing.
The Excellent MKV to iMovie Converter for Windows and Mac
- Convert MKV to iMovie supported formats such as convert MKV to MP4, MPEG-2, M4V, MOV, DV, MP3 etc. to edit MKV files in iMovie freely.
- Convert any MKV files like MKV, HD MKV to iMovie formats to import MKV to iMovie.
- Convert MKV to any version of iMovie for editing.
- Convert MKV videos to iMovie in batch for better experience.
- MKV converter: convert MKV to any format or convert any format to MKV on Windows and Mac.
- Enjoy MKV files freely: MKV to iMovie converter can convert MKV files freely and help play MKV files in any player, device or edit them freely.
- Upload MKV files or burn MKV files: this software helps convert MKV files to upload them to video sharing sites or burn into DVD for enjoying easily.
- Merge or split MKV files: MKV to iMovie converter is able to join MKV files together or split one big MKV file into several chapters.
- Add or remove subtitles: help add subtitles or remove unwanted subtitles from videos.
- Video audio converter: convert among almost all the video and audio formats successfully like ASF, DivX, MOV, AVCHD, MKV, AVI, WTV, MKV,OGV, 3GP, MPG, H.264, RMVB, Xvid, F4V, SWF, VP9, VP8, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, MOD, TP, R3D, BIK, M4A, M4B, APE, AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, AIFF, AIFC, VOC, VOX, GSM, OGG, MP3, WAV, WMA, XWM, 3GA,OGA etc.
- Edit videos easily: MKV iMovie Converter can cut videos, trim or crop videos, adjust video frame rate, rotate videos, add or remove subtitles, add watermark to videos, adjust sound/video/audio bitrate/codec/channels/frame rate/ sample rate/resolution/aspect ratio etc.
Guide to Convert MKV to iMovie to Import MKV to iMovie
Free download MKV to iMovie Converter and run it on your Mac or Windows.
Step 1 Import MKV to iMovie MKV Converter
Click “Add File” button to add files. Or simply drag and drop audio file to the main interface of the software.
Step 2 Choose the Format as MPEG-2, MOV, MPEG -4, DV or M4V
Set the output format from “Profile” drop-down button.
Step 3 Convert MKV to iMovie
Click “Convert” button to start MKV to iMovie converting.
When the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files to load them to iMovie.
Do some Video Editing with MKV to iMovie Converter
- Merge MKV files into one: Add all the files there and check all of them. Click “Merge” button to join them together.
- Split MKV videos by chapter: Import your movies and right click the software. Choose “Split by Chapter” there.
- Compress MKV files: Click “Setting…” -> “Advanced” to change sample rate, bitrate or vide size.
- Trim or clip MKV files easily: Click “Trim” button to cut videos.
- Add or remove watermark/subtitles to movie: Click “Effect” -> “Watermark” “Subtitle” to add or remove them.
- Crop movie: Click “Crop” to remove black bars or adjust zoom mode.
- Adjust brightness or effects: Click “Effect” -> “Image” “Effect” to set them to your desired one.
- Change video codec, bitrate, channel, sample rate: Click “Setting…” -> “Advanced” to adjust them.