Can Sony Vegas Open FLV?
When you import FLV files to Sony Vegas, you will be hinted that Sony Vegas cannot open FLV files. It is because FLV is not the video format supported by Sony Vegas.
Here is a list of formats that can be opened in Sony Vegas.
- Video Formats: MOV, WMV, MP4, H.264, ASF, AVI, AVCHD, M2T, M2TS, MVC, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DV, QT, R3D, Sony MXF, Panasonic MXF, XAVC Intra MXF, AAF
- Audio Formats: AA3, AIF, AU, AVC, OGG, FLAC, MP3, M4A, OMA, WAV, VOX, WMA, CDA
It is quite clear from the list above that Sony Vegas does not play FLV files at all. So in order to open FLV files in Sony Vegas, it is better to convert FLV to Sony Vegas known MP4, AVI, WMV, ASF, MP3 etc. with a professional FLV to Sony Vegas Converter.
The following article will recommend a nice Sony Vegas FLV Converter as well as a step by step guide on how to convert FLV to Sony Vegas WMV, AVI, MP4, MP3 and more.
The Wonderful FLV to Sony Vegas Converter
- Convert FLV to Sony Vegas supported videos like MOV, WMV, MP4, H.264, ASF, AVI, AVCHD, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, DV etc.
- Convert FLV files to Sony Vegas supported audios like FLAC, MP3, M4A, WAV, WMA etc.
- Convert plenty of FLV files to Sony Vegas in batch at one.
- Convert FLV, HD FLV, 4K FLV to Sony Vegas with no problem.
- Nice FLV converter: convert FLV files to popular video audio formats or convert any video format to FLV easily.
- Extract audio from videos: support extracting sound from videos or movies for music enjoyment.
- Powerful video audio converter: convert among a lots of video audio formats freely.
- Great video editor: rotate videos, combine files into one, split files into chapters, cut or clip files, adjust frame rate as 16:9 or 4:3, boost sound volume, adjust video and audio bitrate and resolution, remove black bars, compress files, add or remove watermark or subtitles and more.
Steps on How to Convert FLV to Sony Vegas
Free download FLV to Sony Vegas Converter. Install and launch the program.
Step 1 Import FLV Videos
Click “Add File” to load FLV to Sony Vegas. You can also simply drag and drop the .flv files to the main interface the software.
Step 2 Choose the Format
Click “Profile” drop-down button to select the Sony Vegas supported formats like MP4, WMV, AVI, ASF, MP3 etc.
Note: You may also go to “Merge” “Trim” “Crop” “Effect” “Settings …” window to join videos, cut videos, crop videos, adjust screen zoom, rotate files, compress files, add subtitles or watermarks to videos, increase videos quality/ sound volume, adjust video or audio channel or codec and more.
Step 3 Convert FLV to Sony Vegas
Click “Convert” button to convert FLV to Sony Vegas easily.
Open FLV in Sony Vegas
When the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files. Import the converted files to the interface of Sony Vegas. And then you can open and edit FLV files in Sony Vegas freely.
General Idea of FLV and Sony Vegas
- FLV: FLV is a video format with smaller video size comparing with other video formats like WMV, MP4, MKV etc. FLV is often used to in videos uploading to online sites such as YouTube, Hulu, Vimeo, Google videos and so on. You can also use FLV in online presentation, video clips, banner advertisements etc. There are many devices and players that can play FLV files but Sony Vegas.
- Sony Vegas: Sony Vegas is a series that includes dozens of Vegas related products. Sony Vegas products bring new level of creative freedom to editing and focus on creativity without limits. So it is a very nice and popular editing tool. It is quite pity that it cannot open FLV files. There are no other options but convert FLV to Sony Vegas supported formats for editing.