Why we cannot Import or Add YouTube Video to iMovie?
It is known that YouTube is the most popular video sharing site in the world. There is plenty of marvelous videos everyday even every hour. We may enjoy YouTube videos online joyfully. However, we often meet trouble when we import or add YouTube videos for playing as most YouTube videos are in FLV file format while iMovie can only support DV, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MOV and M4V not FLV file formats.
How to successfully import or add YouTube to iMovie? As a matter of fact, all we need is a YouTube to iMovie Converter to help us convert YouTube to iMovie supported MPEG-4, MPEG-2, MOV, M4V and more. The following article will tell a step by step guide on how to convert YouTube videos to iMovie MOV, M4V, MPEG-4, MPEG-2 to import/add YouTube videos to iMovie with a professional YouTube to iMovie Converter.
How to Convert YouTube to iMovie with YouTube to iMovie Converter?
YouTube to iMovie Converter is a wonderful choice to convert YouTube FLV videos to iMovie MOV, MPEG-4, M4V, MPEG-2 and more. More features are listed below:
- Wonderful YouTube Video Downloader that can download videos from YouTube with one click.
- Convert all kinds of YouTube videos to iMovie compatible MPEG-2, AVCHD, DV-Standard, HDV, QuickTime Movie and MPEG -4 and more to import YouTube to iMovie.
- Convert YouTube videos to import YouTube videos to iMovie 11/10/09/08/HD and more.
- Support 10.13(High Sierra), 10.12(Sierra), 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10(Yosemite), 10.9(Mavericks), 10.8(Mountain Lion), 10.7(Lion), 10.6(Snow Leopard), or Mac OS X 10.5(Leopard).
- Powerful all in one video converter that can converter among most popular video and audio converter like convert YouTube FLV to iMovie MPEG-4, convert FBR to MP4, convert ADF to MP3 and other video and audio formats like MOV, AVCHD, MKV, AVI, WTV, WMV, ASF, ASX, XMV, DivX, VP8, OGV, 3GP, MPG, H.264, RMVB, Xvid, F4V, SWF, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, MOD, TP, R3D, BIK, MP3, WAV, WMA, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, APE, AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, OGG, OGA, AIFF, AIFC, VOC, VOX, GSM, etc.
- Edit YouTube videos easily: trim videos, crop videos, adjust video frame rate, remove black bars, merge files into one, split by chapter, rotate videos, add or remove subtitles, add watermark to videos, adjust sound volume, adjust video/audio bitrate, codec, channels, frame rate, sample rate, resolution, aspect ratio and etc.
- YouTube to iMovie Converter also has a Windows version and works on Window 10, Window 8, Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 2003, and Windows 2000.
Steps to Convert YouTube to iMovie Formats with YouTube to iMovie Converter
Step 1 Add YouTube Videos to iMovie YouTube Converter
- Download videos from YouTube: If you need to download YouTube videos first, just click “Add YouTube Video…” in “Add File” button to paste your YouTube URL there. Click “OK” to start downloading YouTube videos.
- Import downloaded YouTube videos or local YouTube videos to YouTube to iMovie Converter: Click “Add File” button to add files. Or simply drag and drop audio file to the main interface of the software.
Step 2 Set iMovie Recognized MPEG-2, AVCHD, MOV and MPEG -4 as the Output Format
Choose the output format MPEG-2, AVCHD, MOV and MPEG -4 from “Profile” drop-down button.
Note: You may also go to “Trim” button to cut videos or go to “Merge” button to join files or go to “Settings…” button to adjust audio bitrates and sound volumes or split files into chapters by “Split Files into Chapters” and more.
Step 3 Convert YouTube Videos to iMovie
Click “Convert” button to start converting YouTube videos to iMovie formats.
Import or Add YouTube Videos to iMovie
When the conversion is done, you just need click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files.
To import/add YouTube to iMovie, launch iMovie, find “File” menu, choose “Import” -> “Movies” and add the converted files to iMovie by pressing “Import” button.
You may also drag and drag the converted YouTube videos to iMovie as you wish.
It is just that simple to convert YouTube video to iMovie with YouTube to iMovie Converter. Import and add YouTube video to various iMovie versions to play YouTube FLV in iMovie right now.