Why Perian Alternative is Necessary?
Perian is a QuickTime component which makes QuickTime unsupported formats be played on Mac OS X QuickTime. It is quite convenient for some file format playing. However, Perian can only be compatible with lower version QuickTime. As for the latest QuickTime 10 or later version, it is impossible to play QuickTime not supported videos in it. Under this circumstance, Perian alternative is badly needed.
So the question is how can we find a professional Perian Alternative? Are there both Perian for Mac and Perian for Windows? Is Perian for PC or Perian for Mac Yosemite available for us? Do not worry. The following article is going to divide two parts to tell wonderful Perian Alternative tools to do you a favor.
Part One: Perian Alternative: Best Perian for Mac and Perian for Window
This Total Video Converter is a nice Perian Alternative which can acts as both Perian for Mac and Perian for Windows. So Windows and Mac users have no need to worry about playing videos in QuickTime with Perian for PC and Perian Alternative Mac. There is also Perian for Mac Sierra users.
Perian for Mac/ Windows can convert any video or audio like MKV, WTV, WMV, 3GP, MOV, F4V, Apple ProRes MOV, WebM, AVCHD, FLV, VOB, MPEG, Xvid, DivX, WAV, WMA, FLAC, AAC, AC3, AIFF and etc. to QuickTime supported AVI, MOV, MP4, MP3 and more to play any videos in QuickTime freely.
In addition, Perian for PC/Mac can convert any video or audio to play them on any other players, portable devices or edit them in any video audio editing tool. You can feely burn video or audio into DVD or upload them to YouTube, SNS sites with Perian Alternative.
Furthermore, Perian for Mac and Perian for Windows/PC can cut videos, crop videos, clip videos, rotate videos, add/remove subtitle to/from videos, add watermark to videos, remove black bars, merge or join videos together, adjust video channel, and adjust the video and audio bitrate and resolution and more.
Step by Step Guide on How to Use Perian for Mac/Window
Make Preparation: Free Download Perian Alternative
Step 1 Import Videos to Perian Alternative Mac or Perian Alternative PC.
Click the “Add File” button to load video to Perian for Mac/Window. Drag and drop the file to the software is also ok.
Step 2 Choose the Output Format as You Wish
Click “Profile” drop-down button to select the QuickTime supported formats MOV, MP4, AVI, ASF, MP3 etc. from.
To convert videos to play them in Final Cut, iMovie, Apple devices, Samsung, Android, Media Player, BlackBerry and more, you may also choose the file format form “General Video”, “Apple iPod”, “Apple iPad”, “Apple iPhone”, “Apple TV”, “Samsung”, “Android” “Black Berry”.
To do some video or audio editing, You may also go to “Clip” “Edit” “Settings …” window to cut videos, crop videos, rotate files, compress files, add subtitles or watermarks to videos, increase videos quality/ sound volume, adjust video or audio channel or codec and more.
Step 3 Convert Video with Perian Alternative to Play Video in QuickTime
Click the “Convert” button to convert files.
When the conversion is finished, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files. Just transfer the converted files to players like QuickTime to play it.
Part Two: Other Perian Alternative for Your Reference
- Perian for Mac: XLD, short form X Lossless Decoder, can decode/convert/play various files. Mac users can choose this tool to play or convert videos to QuickTime. As for Windows users, you can choose the following K-Lite Codec Pack or this wonderful and powerful XLD for Windows to convert video to QuickTime for playing.
- Perian for Window: K-Lite Codec Pack can help play audio and video but just have Windows version. If you are a Mac user, you can use this K-Lite Codec Pack Mac.
More Useful Tips for Perian for Your Convenience
The following is a list of formats which can be played by Perian:
- File formats: AVI, DIVX, FLV, MKV, GVI, VP6, and VFW
- Audio types: Windows Media Audio v1 & v2, Flash ADPCM, Xiph Vorbis (in Matroska), and MPEG Layer I & II Audio, True Audio, DTS Coherent Acoustics, Nellymoser ASAO
- Video types: MS-MPEG4 v1 & v2, DivX, 3ivx, H.264, Sorenson H.263, FLV/Sorenson Spark, FSV1, VP6, H263i, VP3, HuffYUV, FFVHuff, MPEG1 & MPEG2 Video, Fraps, Snow, NuppelVideo, Techsmith Screen Capture, DosBox Capture
- AVI support for: AAC, AC3 Audio, H.264, MPEG4, and VBR MP3
- Subtitle support for SSA/ASS and SRT