Why Convert M4A to M4R?
As we all know, M4A and M4R are both standard lossy audio format and is quite common. Why we still convert M4A to M4R? Here are the reasons.
- Reason One: M4A files can be played on iTunes, Quicktime, Windows Media Player but cannot be played on iPhone. So in order to play M4A files in iPhone, we need to convert M4A to M4R.
- Reason Two: M4A is the only format recognized by iPhone ringtone. So in order to make ringtone for your iPhone, we have to convert M4A to M4R.
How to Convert M4A to M4R on Windows and Mac?
There are two options converting M4A to M4R on Mac and Windows. One is iTunes. The other is M4A to M4R Converter.
- Option One: Use iTunes to rename .m4a to .m4r to transfer M4R to your iPhone.
Many users choose this way to convert M4A to M4R. However, it is not an ideal solution as there are many questions left. For example, many files cannot be loaded to iPhone as the former way just changes the name of files but the inner audio codec does not change. Many Windows and Mac users fail to find an option for “name & extension” let alone to change file extension from .m4a to .m4r.
- Option Two: M4A to M4R Converter (Strongly Recommended)
Converting M4A to M4R is an easy and permanent way to solve M4A M4R issues. Just several clicks and you can happily convert M4A to M4R for your iPhone. More advanced features are listed below.
M4A to M4R Converter can convert M4A to M4R on Windows and Mac in batch mode with 90x conversion speed so that it will take less time for M4A to M4R conversion.
In addition to converting M4A to M4R, M4A M4R Converter is able to convert M4A to other audio formats like convert M4A to MP3, convert M4A to FLAC, M4A to WAV etc. or convert other formats to M4A like convert MP3 to M4A, convert AIFF to M4A, convert WAV to M4A and more.
M4A to M4R Converter even features to convert M4R to MP3, M4A, AIFF, AAC etc. or convert MP3 to M4R, convert MP4 to M4R, etc.
M4A to M4R Converter also enables to extract audios from videos like MP4, AVI, MOV, WMV, MKV, FLV, ASF, WebM etc. and convert among more than 168 video and audio formats with 4K or HD video or sound quality, such as convert WMV to iMovie, convert TVS files, etc.
Last but not least, M4A M4R Converter can trim or cut files, merge several individual files into one, change audio channel, adjust sound, audio sample rate and bitrate, etc.
Steps on How to Convert M4A to M4R with M4A to M4R Converter
Step 1 Import M4A to M4A M4R Converter
Click the “Add Files” button to load M4A file to the software.
Step 2 Set M4R as the Output Format
- To convert M4A to M4R for iTunes only, you can set the output format as M4R for iTunes (*.m4r) or M4R (*.m4r) from “Common Audio” in “Profile” drop-down button.
- To convert M4A to M4R for Apple devices, click “Profile” drop-down button and set the output format as M4R for Apple Devices (*.m4r) or M4R (*.m4r) from “Apple Device”.
If you want to do some audio editing, go to the “Trim” “Split” “Edit” “Setting…” window to edit them.
Step 3 Start M4A to M4R Converting
Click the “Convert” button to convert M4A to M4R with M4A to M4R Converter.
When the conversion is done, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted file to import it to iTunes and sync it to iPhone as the iPhone ringtone.
Comparison: M4A and M4R
M4A is an audio file encoded with AAC. M4A file quality is better and file sizes is smaller compared to MP3 files so M4A is quite popular. Tunes, Quicktime, Windows Media Player can play M4A but M4A cannot be used as iPhone ringtone. So I order to play M4A in iPhone or make M4A as iPhone, a better way is to convert M4A to iPhone ringtone M4R.
M4R is often seen in iPhone ringtone. M4R is the standard audio format and is encoded with Advanced Audio Coding (AAC).