Can Apple TV Play FLAC Files?
Apple TV FLAC issue is quite common in life. Many of us may be troubled by the following issues:
- Fail to stream FLAC files to Apple TV.
- Have no ideas how to add or import FLAC to Apple TV/Apple TV 2/Apple TV3.
- Cannot open or play FLAC audios on Apple TV.
- Do not know why FLAC cannot be played on Apple TV.
- Need a nice way to enjoy FLAC on Apple TV/Apple TV 2/Apple TV3 urgently.
According to the authority info from Apple official site, Apple TV can support audio formats AAC (16 to 320 Kbps, protected AAC from iTunes Store, HE-AAC (V1)), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps, MP3 VBR), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV.
It is quite clear that Apple TV devices cannot play FLAC files? In order to successfully play FLAC files on Apple TV, a strongly recommended solution is to convert FLAC to Apple TV supported MP3, AIFF, WAV, AAC with a nice FLAC to Apple TV Converter to easily stream FLAC audios to Apple TV to play FLAC on Apple TV.
How to Convert FLAC to Apple TV to Stream and Play FLAC Files on Apple TV?
iDealshare Videogo is a wonderful FLAC to Apple TV converting tool that can convert FLAC files to Apple TV compatible formats like AIFF, AAC, WMA, MP3 and more to easily stream FLAC files to Apple TV. It is simple to import and airplay FLAC streams to Apple TV.
- Convert FLAC to Apple TV recognized AAC, WMA, AIFF, or MP3 to play FLAC audios on Apple TV/Apple TV2/Apple TV3.
- Convert FLAC files to other audio formats in batch and fast speed to play FLAC on various players and devices.
- Convert FLAC audios and keep all meta data (including title, composer, etc.) and album cover art.
- Apple TV FLAC Converter can convert among more than 160 video and audios formats like WTV, WMV, MP4, ASF, ASX, AVI, XMV, DivX, Xvid, MKV, FLV, F4V, SWF, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, VP8, OGV, 3GP, MPG, H.264, RMVB, MOV, M4V, QT, DAT, AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TOD, MOD, TP, R3D, BIK, AAC, AC3, DTS, ALAC, OGG, OGA, MP3, WAV, WMA, XWM, 3GA, M4A, M4B, APE, AU, AIFF, AIFC, VOC, VOX, GSM, etc. to airplay videos and audios to Apple TV/Apple TV2/Apple TV3.
- Convert HD MKV and other HD videos to stream HD videos to Apple TV devices with HD quality and good user experiences.
- Convert FLAC to transfer FLAC files to iTunes, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Apple Watch and more.
- Edit FLAC files like cut, trim, split and more with FLAC Apple TV playing tools.
Steps to Convert FLAC Files to Play FLAC on Apple TV
Step 1 Import FLAC to Apple TV FLAC Playing Tools
Click “Add File” button to add FLAC files. Or simply drag and drop audio file to the main interface of the software.
Step 2 Choose the Desired Formats
- To play FLAC files in Apple TV/Apple TV2/Apple TV3, select the output format from “General Audio” list in “Profile” drop-down button.
- If you prefer to convert FLAC files to lossless audios and import FLAC to Apple TV, select the output format from “Lossless Audio” list.
- To convert HD MKV and other HD videos to stream HD videos to Apple TV, set the output format from “HD Videos” or “iPad & Apple TV Videos”.
- If you want to sync the FLAC files or other video and audio files to iPhone, iPad, iPod through iTunes, set the output format from “General Audios” “General Videos” “iPhone” “iPad & Apple TV” “iPod”.
Note: You may also go to “Trim” button to cut FLAC audios or go to “Merge” button to join FLAC files or go to “Settings…” button to adjust audio bitrates and sound volumes or split FLAC files into chapters by “Split Files into Chapters” and more.
Step 3 Convert FLAC Audios
Click “Convert” button to start converting FLAC files with Apple TV FLAC Converter.
Transfer FLAC to Apple TV/Apple TV2/Apple TV3
- First, install iTunes and launch it.
- Second, load the converted files to iTunes and go to “iTunes” ->” Preferences”->”Apple TV”.
- Third, go to your Apple TV and choose “Settings” -> “Computers”- > “Connect to iTunes”. In iTunes, select the Apple TV (below Devices), and enter the passcode.
- Finally, go to “Summary” and select “Automatic Sync” or “Custom Sync” to finish transferring FLAC to Apple TV.
It is so easy to play FLAC files in Apple TV devices with Apple TV FLAC Converter. Why not try it now?
What are FLAC File Format and Apple TV Devices?
- FLAC: FLAC stands for Free Lossless Audio Codec. Unlike MP3, it is a lossless audio formats compressed by FLAC’s algorithm which can typically be reduced to 50–60% of its original size. FLAC supports metadata tagging, album cover art, and fast seeking. FLAC supports certain portable audio devices. As for some devices like Apple TV cannot play FLAC files, it is better to convert FLAC to devices supported file formats.
- Apple TV: Apple TV is a digital media player and a microconsole developed and sold by Apple Inc. There are three generations of Apple TV which are Apple TV/Apple TV2/Apple TV3 by now. The device can only be controlled by the ‘Remote’ app (downloadable from App Store) on iOS devices, such as the iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, or Apple Watch, using its Wi-Fi capability. As for the video or audio formats cannot be played on Apple TV, we had better convert them to Apple TV supported formats for enjoying.