Are you Familiar with Foobar2000?
(1) Foobar2000 Powerful Features
Do you use Foorbar2000? Foobar2000 is quite popular with Windows users as it is a free audio player with modular design, breadth of features, and extensive user flexibility in configuration just for Windows OS system. Besides, it is featured customized user-interface, organized metadata, files, and folders and a converter interface for use with command line encoders. If you use a converter component on Foobar2000, it can convert audio files with album list, album art, and spectrum visualization kept.
(2) Foobar2000 has support for the following formats
- Audio formats: MP3, MP2, MP1, AAC, WMA, WAV, AIFF, AU, SND, CD, FLAC / Ogg FLAC, ALAC, Ogg Vorbis, MPC, WavPack, Speex, Opus, CD Audio, Musepack, Speex.
- Formats with extended components: APE, AC3, DTS, HDCD, ACD, or DVD-Audio.
(3) Foobar2000 Shortcomings
- Problem One: No Foobar2000 Mac version.
- Problem Two: Need converting components to convert files.
- Problem Three: Not support file editing.
To easily overcome Foobar2000 limitations, we just need a Foobar Mac or Foobar2000 Mac tool. The following article is going to tell two kinds of excellent Foobar for Mac to play or convert or edit any audios easily.
Solution One: Wonderful Foobar2000 for Mac
Foobar2000 Mac is a good Foobar Alternative Mac to play any audio or music. You do not need any converting component to convert files with Foobar. In addition, there are additional audio editing features.
- Audio Player: Foobar Mac can play any audio formats like MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, 3GA, Apple Lossless ALAC, CAF, FLAC, OGG, M4B, MKA, AAC, AC3, DTS, RA, RAM, APE, AU, AUD, AIFF, AIF, AIFC, MPC, QCP, SHN, TTA, PCM, AMR, AWB, VOC, VOX, MPC and more without any streaming.
- Audio Converter: Foobar2000 Mac is able to convert among all the popular audio formats like convert FSB to WAV, convert XMA to MP3, convert ADF files, convert DCT to AIFF, convert among MP3, WAV, WMA, M4A, ALAC, FLAC, AAC, AIFF, VOX, MPC etc. with batch mode.
- Audio Editor: Foobar for Mac enables to merge audios into one, split audio files into chapters, cut audios, rename audios, adjust audio bitrate, audio channel, audio volume, audio resolution, compress audios, enhance audios etc.
- Audio Extractor: Foobar2000 for Mac supports extract audios from any video like WTV, DVR-MS, WMV, ASF, ASX, AVI, DV, DV-AVI, DivX, Xvid, MKV, FLV, F4V, SWF, MXF, MVI, OGM, WebM, VP8, OGV, 3GP, 3G2, 3GPP, 3GPP2, MP4, MPG, MPEG-1, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MJPEG, MJPG, H.263, H.264, RM, RMVB, MOV, M4V, QT, VOB, DAT, 720p/1080p AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, M2T, TS, TOD, MOD, Apple ProRes, R3D, Fraps video, BIK, Flip movies, AMV, TRP etc. with fast speed and high audio sound quality.
- All Mac OS Support: Foobar Alternative Mac is compatible with Mac 10.13 (High Sierra), 10.12(Sierra), 10.11(El Capitan), 10.10(Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8(OS X Mountain Lion), 10.7(OS X Lion), 10.6(Snow Leopard), 10.5(Leopard) and former.
How to Play Audios, Convert Audios, Edit Audios with Foobar Mac?
Step 1 Load Files to Foobar for Mac
Click the “Add File” button to import files to the software.
Step 2 Play Music Files with Foobar2000 for Mac
To play files, click “Play” button to view it. You can also take snapshot when playing files.
Step 3 Edit Files with Foobar Alternative Mac
If you need to edit files, go to “Effect” “Trim” “Merge” “Setting…” button to cut audios, split audios, merge audio, change audio bitrate/volume/resolution, compress audios etc.
Step 4 Convert Files with Foobar Mac
Click “Profile” drop down button and set the video format you want. And then click the “Convert” button to start the converting.
Solution Two: Other Foobar2000 Mac Alternative
There are other Foobar for Mac tool on the market. However, many of them can just play audios but convert or edit files. What is more, some of them have compatible issues. None of them has the full functions of the above recommended Foobar2000 for Mac software. Whatever, there are other Foobar Alternative Mac for your reference.
- Cog: It is a free audio player which can play a lot of audio files. It is free. But it cannot convert or edit files. In addition, it has compatible issue with the latest Mac OS X.
- Pure Music: It can play audio files easily but no converting or editing. iTunes is needed to be running to select tracks. It is a commercial version.