“I’m looking for a HDV Converter that will convert HDV to MP4 so I can watch them on my iPhone or iPad.”
It is a quite common problem with HDV files as they are not supported by different players, portable devices or editing tools. In this way, MP4 is considered to the best alternative as MP4 format is a universal format which is compatible of playing on almost all players and portable devices.
Why Need to Convert HDV to MP4?
1. HDV cannot be supported by Apple device.
HDV files are limited by Apple devices due to the .hdv file extension. So if you are an Apple fun, it is a pity that you cannot play HDV files on your Mac, iPhone, iPad, iPod, iTunes, QuickTime, iMovie and more. It is a good solution to convert HDV to MP4 in this case.
2. HDV cannot work with many portable devices and video players.
Except for Apple devices, HDV is also incompatible with other portable devices and video players. So if you desire to play HDV recordings on these portable devices or players, it is a better choice to convert them to a compatible format like MP4.
3. HDV files fail to be edited in editing tools or uploaded to YouTube for sharing.
As HDV is limited by its file extension, it is not able to be edited freely. So if you need to edit your .hdv files, you may choose to convert it to a more popular and compatible format like MP4.
HDV to MP4 Converter for Windows and Mac
HDV to MP4 Converter here is a professional and reliable tool that can help you convert HDV to MP4 with no problem. Besides, it has both Mac OS X and Windows version for your choice.
Main Features of HDV to MP4 Converter
- Convert HDV to MP4 to play HDV in iTunes, iPad, iPhone, iPod, QuickTime and Apple TV.
- Convert HDV to MP4 to play HDV in WMP, VLC or edit HDV in iMovie and Final Cut Pro.
- Convert HDV to MP4 to play HDV in Android, BlackBerry, Xbox 360, PS4, Windows Phone, Samsung Galaxy, portable media player and more.
- Convert HDV to MP4 to upload HDV to some video websites to share with others.
- Edit HDV files freely like trim, crop, merge, rotate, add effect/subtitle/watermark, change audio channel, adjust volume/bitrate, remove subtitle, etc.
- Convert HDV files to almost all other popular video formats like convert HDV to AVI, convert HDV to MOV, convert HDV to DV, WMV MKV, FLV, ASF, WebM, 3GP and more.
- Enable to extract audio from HDV recordings to MP3, WAV, AAC, AC3, M4A, ALAC, AIFF, DTS, AU, etc.
How to Convert HDV to MP4 with HDV to MP4 Converter?
Step 1 Add HDV Files
Click “Add File” button to import .hdv videos to the software. You can also drag and drop files to the software.
Step 2 Select MP4 as the Output Format
Click “Profile” drop-down button and set MP4 as the output format.
To convert HDV files to other formats, choose the related formats from “Profile” drop-down button.
Step 3 Convert HDV to MP4
Click “Convert” button to start converting HDV to MP4.
When HDV to MP4 conversion is done, click “Open Folder” button to get the converted files.
Do Some Editing with HDV to MP4 Converter
- Click “Trim” button to edit files by choosing start time and end time.
- Click “Crop” button to crop videos and select the zoom mode according to your need.
- Click “Image” button to adjust the brightness, contrast, saturation and more.
- Click “Watermark” button to add text or picture watermarks videos.
- Click “Effect” button to add video effects to “Black and White” or to use “Deinterlace” to change the display effect of videos.
- Click “Subtitle” button to add or remove subtitle.
- Click “Setting…” to adjust some parameters like audio channel/bitrate/resolution/aspect ratio/frame rate/sample rate, boost sound volume and more.
What is HDV?
HDV is related to digital camcorders with high definition. HDV video and audio are encoded in digital form, using lossy interframe compression. HDV often displays as 720p, 1080p and 1080i. However, HDV has limitation in playing. So you need to convert HDV files to MP4 or other formats for enjoying freely.