What is AU Format?
.au is an audio file extension from Sun Microsystems. AU file is headless at first but now it contains a header with six unsigned 32-bit words.
AU files often consist of three parts: audio data, text for a header (containing 24 bytes) and an annotation block. As time goes by, AU format improves a lot and is used in plenty of files.
Why Convert AU to WAV?
As AU format is encoded with special codec, so it is impossible to play it on all devices with no trouble. To keep the lossless feature and be much more compatibility, WAV format is the best choice.
The following article will introduce a perfect AU to WAV Converter as well as a step by step guide on how to use this software to convert AU files to WAV on Windows and Mac successfully.
How to Convert AU to WAV Easily?
Being the wonderful AU to WAV Converter, Aiseesoft Audio Converter can convert AU files to WAV with high quality. In this way, it is quite easy to play AU files on any devices with fun.
Key Features of AU to WAV Converter
- Enables to convert AU to other audio formats like convert AU to MP3, convert AU to FLAC, WMA, AIFF, ALAC, AAC, M4A, RA, OGG, AMR etc.
- Features to convert among all kinds of audio format like convert WAV to AU, MP3, WAV, AAC, M4A, MP2, DTS, 3GA, M4A, RA, WMA, AAC, AC3, OGG, AMR, FLAC etc.
- Extractor audio or sound from any video files like MP4, FLV, WMV, MOV, VOB, AVI, WTV, F4V, SWF, AVCHD, MKV, MXF, 3GP, ASF, WebM, MTS, etc.
- Edit audio files like trim, merge, split, boost audio volume, change audio channel, adjust bitrate, sample rate, compress audio files, etc.
Detailed Guides to Convert AU Files to WAV
Step 1 Add AU Audios to AU to WAV Converter
Drag and drop the files to the interface of the software.
Step 2 Set the Output Format
In the “Profile” drop-down button, choose the output format as “WAV- Waveform Audio (*.wav)”.
Step 3 Convert AU Files to WAV
Click “Convert” button to convert ACT audios.
To get the converted files, click “Open Folder” to find them.
Personalize AU Files before Converting
- Trim or Clip Files: Click “Trim” button to set the start time and end time to keep the part you want.
- Merge Files Together: Select the files you want to merge into one in the task list, and then choose “Merge” button on AU to WAV Converter to join or combine the selected files into one.
- Adjust File Parameters: Press “Setting…” button to change encoder, sample rate, bitrate, channel etc.
- Change Output File Destination: Click “Browse…” button to adjust it.